Saturday, August 9, 2014

Joe Cool

My First Selfie!

After moving to Holland my commute changed from North/South to East/West.  Now I'm heading East into the sun in the morning and West into the sun on the way home.

Right now it's not so bad because the days are long and I don't have to leave that early or return yet into the setting sun.  But the days will come so I figured I had better get me a pair of sunglasses

Looking at myself in the mirror after my purchase I thought, "Hey, not so bad.  You've still got it old man."  Later that evening I even wore the sunglasses into Lowe's (must have forgot that I had them on).

The next day on the last leg of a road test a car passes us on Clyde Park Avenue.  I could hear it approaching because it was a beautiful day and our windows were down and there was some loud "screeching" throbbing from the passing vehicle.  In the vehicle were two young men who were loudly singing along with the screeching, bobbing their heads, and as they passed by the guy in the passenger wags his finger at us, in tune I'm sure if there was a tune, not to be mean but because he knew he looked so cool - sunglasses, special music, beautiful day.

Which made me chuckle thinking how cool I thought I looked strolling through Lowe's to buy 3 more gallons of 10X paint for our deck.  Lucky I didn't trip over anything in the semi-darkness because then pride really would come before my fall.

P.S.  I took about 6 selfie shots.  The ones with smiles just don't give off the right vibes.

No comments:

Post a Comment