Monday, July 7, 2014

A Firm Foundation

Early on after asking Jesus into my life I was blessed to be able to read books by men such as M.R. DeHaan, DeVern Fromke, Watchman Nee, Clarance Larkin,  Derek Prince and others.

In books such as PORTRAITS OF CHRIST IN GENESIS and THE CHEMISTRY OF THE BLOOD DeHaan showed me that Jesus was present in a very real way throughout the Old Testament and that every word in scripture had meaning and purpose.

The books Fromke wrote, UNTO FULL STATURE and THE ULTIMATE INTENTION taught me to look at things from God's perspective.  He has a higher purpose for this world and our life than we can imagine.

Watchman Nee showed me that in all things and all circumstances I need to trust that God loves me and still has a plan for my life.

Larkin in DISPENSATIONAL TRUTH presented a framework for understanding both prophecy and many other major themes presented in scripture.

And Prince had a 5 booklet series on the basics of Christian belief.  How do we understand a verse or paragraph in scripture?  We look at the first mention of a word or a theme, how it builds up and develops as scripture progresses, what is it's intended meaning to the reader and what is the Holy Spirit saying through it to us today.  That provides balance.

These men belonged to different denominations but they all had something in common.  They loved Jesus.  They loved the Word of God.  They saw the Creator's fingerprints everywhere.

One of the main plans of the enemy has always been to dilute and distort, to attack and destroy the Word of God.  Many of the major denominations of today, dispute their grand histories, are imploding because they have stopped building on a firm foundation.  They don't preach Jesus.  They don't preach The Word.  There is no fear of God in those hallowed halls.

But I testify to this.  I know that my Redeemer lives!  I've found peace and comfort, chastisement and direction, guidance and hope because He is infused throughout the Bible.  He is there when I quiet my life to listen.  He is there when I praise Him for His love and for His mercy.  And I have a deep assurance that He is even there when I go through times not sensing His presence.

And I also testify to this.  That nothing put up in opposition to Him will stand! 






No comments:

Post a Comment